Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My first two events!

So, like I mentioned previously, I've been working with Deer Park Manor since early December. Because I was so new (okay, and still nervous that Sue had accepted me as her intern and would later change her mind) I didn't take ANY photos at these first two events. Bad blogger award, I know. Anyway, for my own records, I just want to do a short recap of those December events that I never blogged about.

December 4, 2010: SPEA Faculty Christmas function
This event was classy, and I think, a really good introduction to seeing how events work at DPM. Sue, the DPM event coordinator, is on hand to help out, give directions, answer questions, and etc. and it was really fun for me to get to ask her 800 questions all throughout the evening! (Thanks Sue!)

For this event, the faculty had the fabulous Cynthia Moriarty catering. It was DELICIOUS, and so healthy. She did everything from scratch, and it was spectacular. The event was only a few hours long, and had alcohol and bartending by Big Red (which, by the way, who knew they did events!? So cool!). Sue and I spent quite a bit of our time in the office just browsing wedding materials, and it was a really nice night for me to get acclimated with everything at DPM without being too overwhelmed.

December 11, 2010: Prep School Christmas function
This event was HILARIOUS from the start. The women organizing this event went all out, and it was great to see their ideas to get everybody involved. They made mix cds to play throughout the evening and did a white elephant type gift exchange (but with awesome prizes, like gift cards and a huge tv!).

The dinner was a pitch in effort, and it was really interesting to see all the different things people brought. Almost everybody seemed to cook, except for my personal favorite, the Chic-fil-A chicken tray! MMMMMM, so good!

That's about all I can say for those two events without any photos :( but I do have photos from the next event I did......

No comments:

Post a Comment